Buying online can be scary. Shoppers want to feel confident when making purchases from an online marketplace. Building your seller reputation can be a simple way to increase your sales on Bonanza.
Import your feedback
You can import your seller feedback from eBay on your Bonanza Feedback page ("Feedback left for me"). Many sellers put in years of work and dedication offering great service to their customers on other marketplaces and we think that effort should count for something on Bonanza as well. Our feedback importers allow you to extend and display your hard-earned selling reputation (even if it isn't a perfect one) instead of starting from scratch.
- If you have a track record for delivering on your promises, you'll generally engender high trust.
- Buyers who feel confident purchasing from your booth right off the bat are more likely to return to your booth in the future. Establishing repeat buyers means more feedback for you, continued great experiences for buyers, and high potential for new customers referred to you.
- Don't break the rules!
Fill out your profile
The more buyers know about you and your business, the more likely they are to purchase your items. When buyers see the personality behind the business, it makes the business seem friendly, relatable and credible. For example: “My husband I started this business from the small town that we live in.” A buyer in a comparable situation can read that and think “Oh, they’re just like me!”
- Your profile will be one of the first things a buyer looks at to determine if you're trustable. The more information you have about yourself and your business, the better.
- Include a profile picture so buyers can see who they are buying from. Some buyers steer clear of sellers with generic/stock images because they cannot be certain who the real person is behind the booth. Having a profile picture of you shows buyers that you’re credible and personable. The best size is 400x400 pixels.
- Be sure that your contact information is clear and visible. Include a link to your social pages (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc) so buyers have other ways to learn more about you and your business.
- Buyers prefer sellers that have a listed phone number. Consider listing yours or setting up a free Google Voice account to list on your profile. Buyers are appreciative of sellers who have phone numbers because it means they can request assistance with their purchases quickly and easily.
Log in regularly
Spend some time hanging out in your booth getting to know your buyers personally. Initiating conversation with your buyers can help to promote your booth and keep buyers updated on new inventory you’re adding or when you’re going on vacation. Learn about the products buyers are interested in purchasing from you and answer questions/concerns that come in.
- Use the booth chat feature to communicate with potential buyers. Chat history shows in your booth and helps buyers to see that you’ve been active and responsive.
- Even if you aren't in your booth, future buyers that visit will see how you've spoken in previous chats, and will get a sense that you exist and are credible based on your conversations.
Post Questions, Comments and Links in the Community Help Forum
Though this can be labor intensive and time consuming, it is one of the best ways to build up credibility and potential traffic.
- Bonanza Community Help is a fantastic way to show Bonanza users that you know your stuff.
- Communicate with sellers and buyers who are needing assistance.
- Ask questions yourself or answer questions and help other sellers out if you are able. This can help form relationships with sellers who can collaborate with you to brainstorm ideas on how you can both help each other be successful!
- When you answer questions on Community Help, your profile photo and a link to your booth will show up under the “Recent Question Answerers”.