In deciding whether to make a website like Bonanza a regular destination, many of our buyers and sellers want to know the bottom line at Bonanza: what's most important to the Founders, and what direction will Bonanza move in the future?
- Everything but the ordinary. We think that those other guys are doing a great job of selling mass-produced items. While many sellers on Bonanza offer products you might be able to find somewhere else, people come to Bonanza specifically seeking those rarities you just can't get anywhere else. With more than 25,000 sellers offering a vibrant collection of fashion, collectibles, home decor and more, who can blame them?
- Relentless simplicity. While it's inevitable that more features will be added as we grow, we are committed to organizing our features such that our experience stays as simple as possible. Some sites will try to impress you with the variety of choices you have available at any given time; we pledge to impress you by providing the fewest, most useful choices possible on any given page. We agree that these are valuable questions to consider. Here is what we stand for:
- A friendly, upbeat community. We take the character of our community very seriously. It is the positive, friendly spirit of our community that defines Bonanza to many of our users. We pledge to work hard to moderate our community such that we reward those who embrace/encourage others, and remove those who do not conduct their business in a professional manner.
- Making your user experience fun and memorable. Here at Bonanza, the easy and the fast are why you'll stop by. But the fun is why you'll come back. Let’s say you’re shopping for a guitar on Bonanza. You find a seller who has the guitar you want in their booth. You also find a guitar tuner and an orange amp. You want some Beanie Babies (huh??) and you find a set, too. Having items organized in booths lets you score unexpected items that’ll keep you wondering what you might find next.
- Let you run your business how you want to run it. We understand that all sellers enter Bonanza with different experiences and different tastes. Our pledge is to impose as few rules and regulations as possible on our sellers, while still maintaining a unified site experience that creates as many sales as possible for all.
- Constant, continuous improvement. Bonanza can always be better. We embrace all change that improves our buying or selling experience. We typically update our site a few times per week, and that has been the case since Bonanza's beta launch, in June of 2008. We pledge to continue to use all resources at our disposal to improve the Bonanza experience with innovative features added regularly.
- An open ear to suggestions. We have no problem admitting we're not perfect. Many of our best ideas have come from or been modified by our community. We pledge to listen to all feedback we receive regarding how Bonanza could be more friendly, simple, or productive for its users.
Bonanza is nothing if not a fast moving target, but the principles above comprise the prism through which we view all potential improvements to our site as we move forward.