What is a booth, exactly?
A "booth" is your online store. That's right, you and Walmart now have something in common. Photos of all of the items you have for sale are visible in your booth, so buyers can browse your stuff and fall in love with things they didn't know they need. For example, a buyer arrives at your booth interested in your set of Spode china plates, sees the collection of antique bamboo canes, and buys those as well. I mean, who can pass up a collection of antique bamboo canes?
Why not just post my items separately?
What does it matter that your stuff is in a booth? Good question! On other sites, your stuff is usually posted individually, so the idea of setting up a booth may sound unnecessarily complicated. Let's look into a couple common questions about putting your stuff in a booth.
What are the benefits of posting my items together?
- Easier to find. There is power in numbers. When your car parts and books and DVDs are posted individually, they are like sailboats in the ocean. Somebody may or may not find them (or a giant tanker on autopilot may just run them over). That's no way to sell a lot of stuff.
- More impulse buys. At Bonanza, if a person sees one thing you're selling, they see a bunch of other things too. If you like Metallica, you're more likely to like Guns and Roses. If you own a camera, you're more likely to own a camera bag. By setting your stuff up in a booth format, the person who wants to buy one item is in the perfect position to buy two, three, or more.
- Meet people with similar interests. If your buyer lives nearby you (as our search engine favors), you are in the perfect position to make a new friend (or at least have an interesting conversation) with someone who shares your tastes, as reflected in your collection of stuff.
Doesn't setting up a booth mean extra work for me?
Nope! It actually means less work, generally speaking. The steps for setting up a booth are:
- Sign up for an account on Bonanza for free.
- Post your items for sale.
- Setup your seller account (as you would do on eBay or Etsy)
- Confirm your details and activate your booth
Unlike other sites, where you may have to repeat the third and fourth steps multiple times, setting up your items as part of a booth means you only have to enter this information once. There are no extra steps in this process that exist because you're selling your items in a booth rather than individually.
And if you decide to add more items to your booth later on, you need only repeat step 2. It's as simple as that.
Note that at this time, Bonanza does not support sellers located in Israel (IL) or Japan (JP).
How Long Will my Booth Stay Online?
Until you take it down, or until we start setting time limits on how long a booth can be online. Inactive accounts will be automatically closed after six months, so be sure to log in regularly to keep your goods online!