As an online seller, you know how important receiving positive feedback can be to building your seller reputation and attracting new buyers. At Bonanza, we provide an easy way for buyers to leave feedback regarding their shopping experience. Feedback is how a buyer feels a transaction goes, and negative feedback is an opportunity for sellers to identify areas for improvement within their business. While manipulating the feedback system by removing comments and ratings without the submitter's request can destroy the integrity of the system, we understand that certain situations are out of a seller's control and don't want any of our sellers to receive an unfair, negative reputation. We've outlined some best practice tips on ways you can manage negative feedback ratings from buyers.
Details, Details, Details
Clear listing details and selling policies are an easy way to avoid receiving negative feedback altogether. Include accurate shipping & handling timelines so buyers have the correct expectation about when they will receive their order. Note your return, exchange and refund policies and procedures in your booth settings (Selling > Booth settings > Shipping & returns) so buyers know what their options are. Clearly describe your item condition and any abnormalities so there are no surprises upon receipt.
Communication is Key
Bonanza provides an internal messaging system so that buyers and sellers can communicate with each other about their transaction. If a buyer leaves negative feedback regarding a transaction, we recommend reaching out to the buyer via our internal messaging system to assist them with resolving their issue. You can easily do so by clicking the "Send them a message" link under the buyer's username in the order summary. Bonanza allows buyers to update their feedback from a negative rating to a positive or neutral rating once they feel a satisfactory resolution has been reached. Think about how good it will look to other shoppers when they see you're willing to work with a buyer to resolve their issue! Sellers also have the option to reply to a negative rating to share their side of the experience.
Service with a Smile
Every customer is a gift. Providing excellent service to your customers can attract repeat buyers and buyer referrals, which means more money in your pocket ("That's ok, I already have too much money" -said no one ever)! Attitude is contagious; keep a positive attitude, remain calm and avoid taking a defensive stance. Doing whatever you can (within reason) to help the buyer resolve their issue will go a long way toward retaining your current customers and attracting new buyers.
I've tried all of the above, now what?
Ok, sounds like you may have exhausted your resources. No worries; Bonanza is here to help.
Our Happiness Producers will consider removing negative buyer feedback under the following circumstances:
- Feedback is a complaint specific to Bonanza’s policies and outside of the seller’s control
- Tracking information shows order has been delivered to the buyer and buyer's feedback pertains to non-receipt
- Seller provides a full copy of PayPal document showing the dispute was closed in their favor for "Significantly not as described" or "Item not received"
- Feedback contains profanity or threats of violence or retaliation to seller
- Seller has demonstrated that they have resolved a non-PayPal dispute issue with civility and asked for feedback revision, but buyer did not revise
- Buyer didn’t like product but seller provided the appropriate item, service and shipping as expected (buyer remorse)
- Digital downloads have been sent via Bmail (Bonanza's internal messaging system) proving seller sent info to buyer
- Negative feedback was left without any comments describing issue
- Buyer has been permanently suspended from Bonanza
- Buyer agrees to edit feedback but issue was resolved outside of revision window (more than 60 days after the transaction date)
- Buyer has left negative feedback in an attempt to force a seller into providing goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or a return, refund, or replacement item not covered by the seller's stated return and exchange policies
- In order to give Bonanza administrators time to properly research and review the situation to the fullest extent, it may take up to 7 days to process a feedback removal request
- Bonanza cannot guarantee the removal of negative feedback from a seller's profile
- Feedback will not be removed if a package is still in transit. Sellers should wait until the package has been delivered to the buyer and then contact the buyer to request that they update their feedback
- Feedback will not be removed if there is a PayPal dispute in progress
- Sellers may not require buyers to leave positive feedback in exchange for the following:
- Receiving the purchased item
- Issuing a full or partial refund
- Monetary compensation
- Additional items
- Other goods or services not included in the original listing