What is the advertising fee structure?
Effective November 21, 2023, the following policies for Broadcaster billing will take effect:
- Free (no fee) sales will include sales made to buyers whose last arrival to Bonanza came via your booth referral link. Whether the buyer arrived from your own email campaigns, Customer Marketing Campaigns, or elsewhere on the web, you'll pay Bonanza nothing when you drive customers to your booth. Your individual Broadcaster settings do not impact this rule. Free is free.
- Base rate (3.5%) sales Sellers who opt out of advertising will be charged the 3.5% base rate. If a seller opts out of advertising, traffic is sourced through buyers visiting Bonanza.com directly or via Bonanza's social media accounts and utilizing the Bonanza search to locate and purchase items
- Broadcaster rate (variable) sales will be defined as "the stuff not listed above." Sellers will pay the fee percentage they have selected on the "Selling > Advertise items" page. Traffic sources include
- Traffic from organic search engines (Google.com, Bing.com)
- Traffic from social media (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, X)
- Traffic from any paid advertising platforms you've opted into (Google Shopping, Bonanza Promotions, eBay, Bing ads)
- Our affiliate network (Wish, Ebates, etc)
- Bonanza advertising traffic (shoppers visiting Bonanza.com directly due to Bonanza's advertising efforts on Facebook, Pinterest, etc)
- Other referral traffic that isn't captured in the above tiers
*Note that the $0.25 transaction fee still applies to all sales made via the methods outlined above.
What are the major changes I should be aware of?
The notable updates here are that we're moving the referral link and Customer Marketing Tool into the free rate, while certain types of referral and direct traffic move to the variable rate. Higher ad rates allow us to bid more to get visibility for your items.
Why are you implementing this change?
Our rationale: if you're doing the work to drive buyers, then we’re just acting as your point-of-sale platform, and that should be free. Period. If buyers are coming as a combination of our efforts (as with SEO and social media outreach), that is best represented by the variable advertising rate selected by each seller.