Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding getting one's items into Google Shopping.
- My items aren't showing up on Google Shopping Search. What gives?
- How often does Bonanza send my items to Google?
- How long after I first setup my booth will it take for my items to show up in Google Shopping search results?
- How can I refresh my feed (after editing booth, deleting items, etc)?
- What can I do to get more buyers through Google Shopping search?
- How can I track the performance (clicks, etc) of my Google items?
- Tell me more about the changes Bonanza may make to my item to get it compliant with Google Shopping search.
- Will updating my items cause them to be taken out of search while they are reprocessed by Google?
My items aren't showing up on Google Shopping Search. What gives?
We list all of the known reasons on this page.
How often does Bonanza send my items to Google?
We will send your items to Google Shopping within a day of any item being changed. If no items in your booth have changed, we will send your items to Google every two weeks as a refresher.
How long after I first setup my booth will it take for my items to show up in Google Shopping search results?
According to Google, it can take up to 24 to 72 hours before your items show up as processed. In the meantime you may get reports that your items are not loading.
Note that if your items were submitted with a data feed, Google will not grab the items until the time that you scheduled when you set up the data feed. The default is to grab your items once per month -- you'll probably want to change that to once daily or once weekly so that your items get online sooner.
How can I refresh my feed (after editing booth, deleting items, etc)?
Your items will automatically be refreshed on Google Shopping within 24 hours if any changes are made to your items or booth. However, if you want to expedite this process, you can click on your "Update Booth" button (on the "Selling > Add or edit items" page) and we'll send your items shortly thereafter (usually within the hour, although Google Shopping usually takes at least a few hours on top of that to process changes).
To view your feed and troubleshoot any disapproval notifications from Google Shopping, visit your "Selling > Advertise items" page and click the "Feed diagnostics" tab at the top of the page. Use the "Start a feed status review" to refresh any outdated disapproval notifications. The feed status review is typically available within 24 hours of requesting it.
What can I do to get more buyers through Google Shopping search?
There are a few things you can do to optimize your listings for Google Shopping.
- Ensure you've filled out the traits for your items. Item traits reveal detailed information about your item, like it's color, material, and condition (new, used, etc). Items that have this information filled out correctly not only rank higher in Google Shopping, but they also get found more often in Bonanza search when buyers start filtering for the traits they're looking for. You can read more about item traits here.
- While item traits are important in helping buyers locate your item, you also need to have strong titles and listing descriptions.
- An easy rule of thumb for product titles is search importance from left to right. Titles should generally follow the “Brand, Gender, Product, Color, Size" format.
- Product descriptions are very similar to product titles in that you want to format them from left to right in order of importance for descriptive terms. Longer descriptions get cut off, so you’ll want to have that important product information at the beginning (to the left) of the description to make sure important filtering information is easily visible to the buyer. Google recommends submitting 500 to 1000 characters (but gives you space to include 10,000).
The key to converting browsers into buyers is to ensure that your listings include enough information in the title, description and item traits for the buyer to make a decision to purchase the item on-the-spot.
How can I track the performance (clicks, etc) of my Google items?
You can view your Google Shopping performance by going to "Selling > Booth stats." Subscribing members can obtain more detailed traffic stats from your Google shoppers by signing up for Google Analytics.
Tell me more about the changes Bonanza may make to my item so that it's compliant with Google Shopping search.
Sometimes, to make your item eligible for Google Shopping search, we might make minor changes to your title in order to get Google Shopping to accept your item. For example, if your title is in "ALL CAPS", we will change your item to use capital and lower-cased letters when it is sent to Google (so the item title would become "All Caps"). The item is not actually changed on Bonanza -- we just send Google your item's title in a format they will accept (items with ALL CAPS titles are disapproved by their server).
Also, if you have the words "free shipping" in your title, we will remove that, as it is also against Google Shopping's Program Policies.
Will updating my items cause them to be taken out of search while they are reprocessed by Google?
No, it won't. Your items will still be found in Google Shopping search results while changes are being processed by Google.