In addition to the transaction fee, sales made on Bonanza are subject to a Final Value Fee. The Final Value Fee is based on the Final Offer Value (FOV). FOV is the amount that the buyer paid to you for the item sold, plus any portion of the shipping fee that exceeds $10. For example, if your product sold for $15 and you charged $12 for shipping, your Final Value Fee (FVF) charge would be calculated based on an FOV of $17 (that's $15 for the item, plus $2 for the portion of shipping fee that exceeded $10).
Bonanza Fee Table
See above for a definition of FOV.
|FOV under $1000||$0.25 + 3.5% of FOV for standard booths (or whatever advertising percentage you have selected; i.e, 9%, 13%, etc)|
|FOV greater than $1000*||$0.25 + 3.5% of FOV for standard booths (or whatever advertising percentage you have selected; i.e, 9%, 13%, etc) + a flat 1.5% of the amount over $1000|
Minimum final value fee: $0.50
*Please note this structure applies to all advertising levels. The 3.5% is used as an example.
All sellers can use Bonanza Advertising to drive extra buyers to their items. If you opt into advertising, the fees you pay will vary depending on the settings you have chosen and the source of the buyer that purchases your items. Advertising fees range from 9%-30% of the FOV, depending on which advertising options you choose. You can review and adjust your advertising settings at any time from your "Selling > Advertise items" page. Please see the advertising page for more details.
*Sellers who opt into the Bonanza Promotions advertising program will always have their FVF calculated on the full base price of the offer, even if the base price is greater than $1000. Since the discount provided to the buyer is calculated based on the full base price, the full base price must also be used to calculate the final value fees on Bonanza Promotions transactions.
- You sell a $2 item. Although $2 x 3.5% = $0.07 you still owe $0.25 + $0.50 in final value fees, as that is the minimum on any order (total fees = $0.75)
- A buyer buys three of your items for a total of $109 including shipping. The total shipping for the offer is $14, of which $10 is deducted. So your FOV is $109-$10 = $99. Your fee is then $0.25 + 3.5% of $99, or $3.47 (total fees = $3.72)
- You sell one item for $1750 with free shipping and did not opt into advertising. You owe $0.25 + 3.5% on the first $1000 ($35) and 1.5% on the remaining $750 ($11.25), or $46.25 (total fees = $46.50)
The "Fine Print"
- The $0.25 transaction fee applies to all booth sales for non-members and is in addition to the calculated final value fee.
- We may choose to offer optional advanced selling features (for example, the ability to view advanced statistics on your items) at a price in the future. However, any non-free features that we choose to add will be purely optional; that is, you won't have to pay for them to be able to sell on Bonanza.
- For the purposes of computing your FOV, it doesn't matter if you close your offer through negotiation ("Best offer") or with "Buy Now"
- Sellers have up to 180 days from the date of the transaction to request refunds on the final value fees. Final value fee refund requests on transactions outside of 180 days will not be honored, no exceptions.